After getting our pilot system in 2 weeks ago, I finally got around to a good initial cleaning and test run … unfortunately just with good ol’ h20 folks. It was, in a sense, nice not worrying about pH, grist, water ratio, sparge (stuck sparge … eeeek), and so on. Even had help from our up coming brewer little big man Liam. Really happy with the set up and was able to get the gist of the new items as well. Items such as the added HERMS coil, a chiller plate and whirlpool arm that I did not have on the system I have been using for years. It has been a long road since brewing my first batch of extract on the stove top with specialty grains, to building systems of my own, to now owning this bad mama jama. Certainly not our first system, and certainly not our last with goals of a 10 bbl one year. But this will be able to provide you all with that same tasty craft beer that you deserve, at a better consistency. So I introduce to you all … (drum roll) Kb’s Alpha!